Mega Influencers VS Micro Influencers
Influencers are everywhere. You see them on all social media platforms, and in all industries and niches. It almost seems as if there is an influencer for every niche there is. But why? Influencers have the power to affect purchasing decisions given their authority, knowledge, position, or relationship to their audience through their respective social media channels.
Out of the 4 types of influencers (nano, micro, macro, and mega), mega and micro influencers are most sought after. Although they are distinct, understanding the intricacies between them may either help or hinder a campaign. That is why it is necessary to recognize which is optimal for your brand’s social media marketing initiatives.
- 1 million + followers
- Celebrity status (actors, internet personalities, singers, and TV stars)
- Pro: wide reach and increased brand awareness
- Con: low engagement, availability, and high cost
- 10,000 – 100,000 followers
- Seen as “everyday” people
- Pro: high engagement, high conversion, credibility, low cost, and availability
- Con: low reach, quality of work, and less experience with brand partnership
As you can see, there are several factors to consider prior to working with mega and micro influencers. To maximize prospective influencer partnerships, first define your campaign goals, then generate a shortlist of relevant social media influencers, and then carefully examine the kind of collaborations they’ve done in the past to see whether they align with your company’s brand values, initiatives, and campaign objectives.
Leave a Reply